a new version of DaDaBIK (4.1 release candidate 1) is available.
This version fixes some bugs, in particular two bugs related to the upgrade operation.
Check the change log for the complete list of changes.
Unfortunately the script I used to manage this "What's new" section had some problems (comments disappeared and spam) so I decided to write one from scratch; here it is! It has a CAPTCHA feature too, which should prevent spam.
I have imported only the messages from the old system and not the comments.
In future I will add the RSS support too.
Let me know if everything is OK.
I'm playing on the master/details view; this feature is useful for example if you want to display on the same page the header of an invoice and all its items.
It's not so easy to find a clean method to implement it but I feel I'm following the right way. I think I will add this feature in the next alpha or beta release (4.2?).
Your suggestions are welcome.
it has been a big effort this time but I'm proud to announce the new release of DaDaBIK, which adds a lot of new and important features that will increase the end-user usability.
Here is a list of the most important:
- Better form errors handling: if an error occurs when the user fills a form (e.g. an URL format is not correct), DaDaBIK will display again the form and point out the type of error.
- E-mail notices: DaDaBIK sends an e-mail message to some specified people when a new record is inserted or an existent record modified.
- Previous and next buttons are now available in edit and details views.
- Also the administration pages are now protected by authentication (if enabled); only administrator users can enter the administration pages.
- DaDaBIK now remembers the last search executed on a table, even if you change table.
- It is now possible to choose the number of result records displayed per page on the fly.
- It is now possible to set an alias for each table.
- DaDaBIK now uses tinymce 2.0.7 (http://tinymce.moxiecode.com) to implement the rich_editor field type instead of htmlarea. This leads to FireFox compatibily.
- Rows highlighting.
- Finnish language is now available.
As usual, you can check the complete changelog for the complete list of new features and bug fixes.
Call for translators: I'm looking for Estonian and Polish translators since Estonian and Polish languages are not complete.
Call for developer: I'm looking for someone who wants to join the staff; the goal is the restyling (in terms of layout and features) of the admin section of DaDaBIK, in order to increase usability.
If you are interested, please contact me (eugenio dot tacchini at unicatt dot it).
a new demo, based on the latest official version of DaDaBIK (4.0), is available.
DaDaBIK 4.0 is available.
The main changes: this final version fixes some bugs on Oracle, has a new language (Swedish) and an improved documentation.
You can find the complete list of new features and fixed bugs in the change log.